i feel like i need something more for my anxiety/sadness bc of life events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i feel like i need something more for my anxiety/sadness bc of life events

i have suffered from anxiety/panic attacks since i was 8 years old. i was untreated until i was 22 years old. i went 14 years suffering and i never want to do that again. i noticed since my son was born (he is my second baby) i have a daughter who is 21 months and he is 3 months old, my anxiety is much worse and i think i am depressed sometimes, but i think the depression stems from the circumstances going on right now ( virtually have no help -hubby works from 9am-8pm, no family around, no friends with kids, and we are moving in less than a month and i have gotten mastitis 2x since my son was born 12 weeks ago which landed me in the hospital both times). i take clonazepam 1mg at night but i feel like it's not enough. i feel like i need something that works quickly and effectively for the moments i feel like i can;t handle what is going on. i get so sad, overwhelmed and upset. when i go to the dr, they just push medications on me like it's nothing and say just stop bf. but i don;t want to stop bf, i want to work around it and just make it as safe as possible without me having to feel badly. is there a fast acting anti-anxiety medication that would be safe in addition to the clonazepam at night. the psychiatirst recommended prozac, zoloft, or celexa but an ssri does not seem suitable to me when i have tried celexa and the side effects were so awful and i got no benefit for the anxiety. i feel like i am being pushed to take an ssri when it makes me very uncomfortable and scared. i know xanax, ativan, valium, all work quickly, are those safe for a short period of time when life is stressful and if the are, how long is it safe to take them> i have been on clonzapem for 3 years and it has been the same does. previously i was on ativan in 2007-2009 but i had to increase my dose bc i got used to it as my only form of anxiety treatment and at one point i was taking 4-5mg per day (this was before babies) until they switched it to clonzapem. thanks for your help
    -kerri

Hi Kerri,

Please call us at the InfantRisk Center so we can discuss these medications with you on an individual basis. Our number is 806-352-2519. We are open Mon-Fri from 8:00am-5:00pm, CDT.

We are not able to give you medical advice as far as what medication would be best for you to take. You and your physician will make that decision. We will be happy to discuss with you the compatibility of these medications and breastfeeding. It would be best for you to know what dosage the physician is thinking about giving you and how often you will be taking the new medication.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Colleen

Colleen Peace, BSN, RN
    TTUHSC, InfantRisk Center
    Last edited by copeace; 09-04-2012, 08:26 AM.

Comment

i tried to call but there is no answer and it says it is the wrong number

i tried to call 806-352-2519 but it rings and rings and then at the end a lady message comes on saying number cant be completed as dialed?

Comment

I'm sorry you had trouble trying to reach us. That is the correct number. If we are on the phone with other callers, the number will ring and ring until someone is available. I'm not sure why you got that message? If you call and someone hasn't answered in 3-4 rings, it means we are all talking to someone. Please just hang up and wait a few minutes and try again. Once again, I'm sorry you had trouble reaching us.

Colleen

Comment

Working...
        X