Pregnant and nursing, with bouts of insomnia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant and nursing, with bouts of insomnia

Is there anything I can take to help me sleep while in the first trimester of pregnancy and nursing a 21 month old? I know herbals are frowned upon because of lack of research, but some friends that see naturopaths say they took a product called rescue sleep while pregnant. These are the ingredients...white chestnut, star of Bethlehem, clematis, cherry plum, impatiens, and rock rose. Before pregnancy I was taking 6C Boiron Chamomilla. Any insight would be appreciated.

lesweeney:

During your first trimester, I would avoid taking any herbal mix. We don't have the slightest idea if this stuff is safe for a fetus at this stage of development. Ask your obstetrician, this is the ONLY safe move for you.

Tom Hale PhD.

Comment

I know herbals are frowned upon because of lack of research, but some friends that see naturopaths say they took a product called rescue sleep while pregnant.These are the ingredients...white chestnut, star of Bethlehem, clematis, cherry plum, impatiens, and rock rose!

Comment

nerter:

Do you know what these products do to a fetus? I certainly don't, and I doubt any of these naturopaths do either as there is virtually no scientific data published on them that i know of.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Working...
        X