Oxycoden 10/325

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxycoden 10/325

I found out I was pregnant at 3.5 weeks. I was taken 1 pill a day. Once I found out I was pregnant I stopped my medicine slowly. Will my child have birth defects?

Help,

Oxycodone is rated a P2-benefits are likely to exceed the risk. "There are no adequate and well controlled studies of oxycodone in pregnant women. Because animal reproductive studies are not always predictive of human responses, oxycodone hydrochloride tablets should be used during pregnancy only if potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. Nonteratogenic Effects Neonates whose mothers have taken oxycodone chronically may exhibit respiratory depression and/or withdrawal symptoms, either at birth and/or in the nursery." (Medications and Mothers' Milk database, Thomas Hale, PhD). Your infant should be fine for this short term use.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Thanks for the good info...................

Comment

The effect of Oxycodone gets initiated in an hour of administration and last for about 12 hours. Lightheadedness, sedation, dizziness, rash, heart attack, fainting, and depression are some of the side-effects associated with the use of Oxycodone. Oxycodone has been placed in the FDA pregnancy category B, but some combination drugs that contain oxycodone may fall into the pregnancy category C. The drug can be used safely during pregnancy though prolonged use may cause neonatal withdrawal.
        [url]http://www.addictionrehabcenters.com/drug-addiction/oxycodone-abuse-addiction/how-long-does-oxycodone-stay-in-your-system/[/url]

Comment

Working...
        X