Juvederm/facial fillers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juvederm/facial fillers?

Hi, I was hoping you could advise me on something. I have had 3 babies in 6 years and am currently breastfeeding my 13-month-old. I nursed my other two for a long time and I am not ready to wean my youngest, however I have a 'big' birthday coming up and some of my facial lines are really starting to get me down. I don't like looking in the mirror! I would like to have some Juvederm injections but of course, I would not risk it if you don't consider it safe. I can't find a full ingredients list for the injectable anywhere! My baby nurses 3 times a day at the moment. Thank you so much in advance.

baby:

Juvaderm is just an injectable hyaluronic acid dermal filler. Hyaluronic acid is a nonsulfated glycosaminoglycan that is present in all connective, epithelial, and most neurologic tissues in the human. I would not worry about it at all. I'd wait maybe 12 hours before breastfeeding, just to eliminate any other preservatives, etc that might be in the solution.

Tom Hale Ph.D.

Comment

Thank you Dr! Is there likely to be anything else, other than the hyaluronic acid, that may be of concern and that may somehow enter the breastmilk?

Comment

Baby:

I think this is the safest thing you could have injected.

Tom

Comment

Working...
        X