Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adderall and Zoloft?

Hi,

can someone please ease tell me if it would be safe to take 50mg Zoloft and 10mg adderall 2/x a day while breastfeeding a 3 month old? If this is not safe, what similar combinations are?

what are the risks to an infant?

I am struggling so much with depression, social anxiety, binge eating and add. It is affecting everything, myself, my family, my work. The Zoloft and adderall is the only combination that has truly helped me in the past but I haven’t taken it at all since Ive had kids.

Ive tried Wellbutrin with breastfeeding and it just doesn’t help Much. I want to go back to what works but I also don’t want to put my baby at risk AT ALL and I want to continue breastfeeding.

Any help and information would be deeply appreciated!

thanks

Mindvelocity,

Zoloft is rated an L-2 limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breastmilk is only 0.4-2.2% of your dose. This medication is the most studied of the SSRI's, and the data is consistent that the levels in breast milk are low and usually too low to affect the infant. We still advise to monitor for sedation or irritability, poor feedings and poor weight gain.

Adderall is rated an L-3-limited data-probably compatible. The amount that transfers into breast milk is 2.46-7.25% of your dose. We recommend the dose be kept low, he recommends 20mg or less a day, then monitor for agitation, hyperactivity, insomnia, decreased appetite, weight gain and tremor. We do recommend avoiding the peak times of the first 2 hours, and as long as you keep your dose low and your infant is not symptomatic it is probably ok.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
    InfantRisk Center
    806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
    X