Ciprofloxacin 0.3% Eye drops for Pink Eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ciprofloxacin 0.3% Eye drops for Pink Eye

My 3 year old was prescribed ciprofloxacin 0.3% eye drops for pink eye infection about 8 weeks ago. Their pediatrician told me to use them on my then 9 month old nursing baby if she came down with pink eye as well, which of course she did. My nursing 9-month old used the same drops with no adverse reaction. Now I am having symptoms of pink eye and was told I can use the eye drops that I have to avoid a trip to the dr. I've received different advise.. Is Ciprofloxacin 0.3 eye drops safe to use for myself nursing a 10.5 month old infant who has previously used the drops herself? I have already used one dose this AM before I thought I should double check. I hope it is okay.

In addition, I also have erythromycin eye ointment which was prescribed to me for this eye irritation. I just didn't want to take the ointment because I thought it would be more messy and the days involved in treatment are longer. Would this be a safer choice or our either okay?

Comment

Nataliesuzr,

Either of these meds are probably ok as an eye treatment, they would be minimally absorbed systemically.

Sandra Lovato R.N.
      InfantRisk Center
      806-352-2519

Comment

Working...
      X